OUTSIDE SALES ASSOCIATE
Atlas Event Rental
Job Purpose: The Outside Sales Associate is responsible for acting as Atlas’s ambassador to the public and Atlas’s clientele. They are often the first interaction customers will have with Atlas when they call on the phone or enter Atlas’s showroom. Sales Representatives must be able to service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner whether in person or on the telephone and assist them with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments. They also need to be able to process cash and credit card payments, as well as make change and credits.
Reports to: Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Rents equipment or arranges for provision of service to customer.
- Must have three years sales experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a background in Event Management
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Prepare rental forms and contract. Obtain customer signature and other required information.
- Maintain daily contract file.
- Compute charges based on rental or service rate.
- Explain rental fees and provides information about rented items, such as operation or description. Also explains damage waiver options.
- Collect deposit or payment or records credit charges by maintaining customer charge file daily and balancing daily sales receipts.
- Recommend rental equipment to customers that best meets their need.
- Reserve equipment as requested and maintains rental reservation file.
- Update and call overdue list daily and alerts supervisor of overdue contracts.
- Inventory sales merchandise and advises supervisor of low levels of merchandise.
- Assist customer with the loading and unloading of equipment when necessary. May also need to demonstrate safety features and operational features of the equipment.
- Accept delivery and in-store returns and placed in appropriate area for inspection.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Network with other industry professionals.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Performs other duties as requested. The job requires constant interaction with the public.
Must maintain a professional personal appearance. Must possess sales and customer relation skills. Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems. Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided. Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus. Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs. Must pass company drug screen. Must maintain an acceptable attendance record. Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form. Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers. Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
THIS COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY. WE WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT ON ANY LEGALLY RECOGNIZED BASIS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: VETERAN STATUS, RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY AND/OR AGE.