Job Purpose: The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and managing all operations in the Atlas Event Rental Warehouse. They will work closely with the Director of Operations, the Director of Sales and the Dispatch Supervisor to make sure that the warehouse, and its employees, are in prime operating order and ready to meet the demands of Atlas’s customers.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete knowledge of entire inventory.
- Must pass inventory knowledge test.
- Must understand spatial relations with regard to size of order and number of trucks and staff needed to complete order.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing employees working in the following areas of the warehouse: Maintenance, Dance Floor, Painting and Cleaning chairs, Load and unload trucks, Customer Pick Up (CPU), and pick orders.
- Follow company procedure regarding the picking, loading, delivery, and picking up of orders.
- Direct and work together with warehouse personnel as well as other departments.
- Responsible for employee discipline and/or termination with assistance from Human Resources.
- Manage hours worked in the department according to budget guidelines.
- Prepare and check equipment, if necessary, prior to loading.
- Open and close the rental yard per company procedure.
- Inspect all returned equipment to ensure equipment was returned in good condition.
- Know specifics and applications of rental inventory.
- Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies.
- Serve as a Company Representative.
- Recommend equipment and related items to customers.
- Oversee complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.).
- Maintain close working relationship with Drivers and Dispatch to ensure full knowledge of any scrapes, dents, or accidents or any other mechanical difficulties with company vehicles.
- Works with Dispatch on the numbering of the trucks and assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the trucks.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation.
- Must service customers in a polite, friendly, and professional manner.
- Start equipment for customers.
- Ensure that all relevant forms have been completed when there is missing or damaged equipment, and that the customer has signed. These forms must be turned in to you along with pick up sheets. Ensure that all broken equipment is tagged and moved to the repair area.
- All pick up ticket copies must be delivered to you or dispatcher so counts can be verified prior to unloading.
- Ensure that all funds collected by the driver are turned in to you or dispatcher.
- Perform a safety inspection/safety check on warehouse equipment each day.
- Report safety violations to Director of Operations or Human Resources.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in the warehouse.
- Adhere to company dress code as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Attend department and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Special projects will be assigned as necessary
There is a high degree of lifting and a significant degree of standing, walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. Must have a full range of motion and dexterity. Must accept and follow instructions from supervisors. Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. Exposure to above average temperatures is prevalent. The typical tools (hampers, dollies, racks, etc.) can be considered hazards.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.