Job Purpose: The Repairman/Mechanic is responsible for making sure that all of Atlas Event Rental’s equipment is in pristine working order. This includes maintaining and repairing all types of rental equipment and Atlas vehicles. Electrical, carpentry and welding knowledge is necessary. Request ordering of parts, tools and equipment as necessary. Must be courteous, professional and knowledgeable with customers in regard to safety procedures and rental equipment.
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Prepare accurate records on the maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Assist in staff training, as requested by supervisor.
- Inform supervisor of equipment failures.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Inform supervisor of needed parts.
- Complete work orders for internal and external repairs.
- Analyze equipment malfunctions.
- Repair power and mechanical equipment.
- Apply professional troubleshooting techniques to equipment repair.
- Maintain an organized shop by returning tools and unused parts to the appropriate storage area.
- Maintain a clean shop, especially personal working area, and keep floors swept and mopped. Assist in maintaining the company property.
- Implement preventative maintenance program.
- Attend workshops, seminars and classes for innovative repair techniques as assigned by your supervisor.
- Assist yard, warehouse and delivery personnel as necessary.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, propane, paint and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must possess knowledge in the construction and mechanical fields as well as knowledge in HVAC and plumbing.
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Vocational education or certification is also preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to apply principles of rational thinking to solve problems.
- Must be able to understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.