Job Purpose: The Driver is a crucial part of the Atlas Team. They are responsible for loading and delivering rental items to clients. The Driver is often the last employee to make sure that the entire order is on the truck and delivered on time and appropriately. The driver will also be responsible for overseeing the correct set up of rental items and keep accurate records for their delivery and pickup.
Reports to: Dispatch Supervisor and/or Director of Operations.
- Complete knowledge of entire inventory.
- Must pass inventory knowledge test.
- Must understand spatial relations with regard to size of order and number of trucks and staff needed to complete order.
- Load and unload vehicles/trucks and deliver equipment in full or partial loads working alone or with delivery assistant.
- Follow company procedure regarding the picking, loading, delivery, and picking up of orders.
- Direct and work together with Driver Assistant.
- Work together with other departments.
- Drivers are required to report misconduct of assistants on job sites.
- Prepare and check equipment, if necessary, prior to loading.
- Deliver and pick up equipment.
- Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
- Open and close the rental yard per company procedure.
- Secure customer signature on contract, if not already signed.
- Inform supervisor and/or dispatch immediately of difficulties or changes with deliveries or pickups.
- Place delivery and in-store returned equipment in appropriate area for inspection.
- Assist with in-store pick ups and returns when not on the road.
- Assist other drivers or warehouse personnel with other deliveries and pickups when route is complete.
- Know specifics and applications of rental inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery.
- Install or set up event equipment. This can include, but is not limited to opening tables, chairs, installing dance floor, skirting and covering tables and chairs.
- Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies.
- While driving company vehicle or on a job site:
- Serve as a store representative.
- Carry Driver’s license at all times.
- Observe all laws.
- Complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.).
- Keep vehicles clean (interior and exterior).
- Notify warehouse supervisor of any scrapes, dents, or accidents.
- Notify warehouse supervisor of any mechanical difficulties.
- Recommend equipment and related items to customers.
- Double check delivered items to make sure customers receive exactly what they ordered.
- Notify dispatcher or store if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
- When delivering COD orders, write check number, amount of check, and initials on contract or call the office immediately if customer is paying by cash or credit card.
- Do not leave premises without payment unless authorized by a member of senior management.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation.
- May be required to assist customers with reservations, contracts, questions and order adjustments if necessary.
- Must service customers in a polite, friendly, and professional manner.
- Start equipment for customers.
- If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up fill out the appropriate forms and get customers signature. Turn in these forms to supervisor, along with pick up sheets. Tag and move broken equipment to repair area.
- Complete a damaged and missing equipment report.
- Deliver pick up ticket copies to warehouse manager or dispatcher so counts can be verified prior to unloading.
- Turn in all funds collected to Dispatcher upon return.
- At the end of the day check gas, oil, and other fluid levels in every truck. Top off and record fluid levels as necessary.
- Perform a safety inspection/safety check on vehicles used each day.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Provide directional assistance when parking delivery truck.
- Complete the necessary paperwork for vehicle inspections and turn in to supervisor daily.
- Take keys out of truck daily.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store, and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Special projects will be assigned as necessary
Drivers must be able to pick up items of up to 30lbs (and sometimes more). The Driver must have a valid Florida driver’s license. Drivers are often working outside and will be exposed to the elements. Must stand for long periods of time. The job requires constant interaction with the public. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents.
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.