Position Tasks & Activities:
- Receive communication from warehouse manager on inventory for delivery and pick up.
- Advise warehouse manager on utilization of drivers.
- Stay in contact with drivers to monitor progress throughout shift.
- Call clients to advise of delivery changes.
- Fill out routing form, with load sheets for drivers.
- Provide driver with map and any specific delivery instructions requested by the customer.
- Maintain inventory control of warehouse and vehicles.
- Assure that vehicles are maintained in a safe condition for operation by working with driver and collecting completed safety inspection/safety check lists on vehicles daily (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.)
- Coordinate with sales staff on priorities.
- Inform management of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Prepare delivery and pick up schedule daily. Assign appropriate staff to each route. Prolonged use of computer is likely. Must be able to work on weekends and have a flexible schedule.
Most work will be indoors with limited exposure to outside elements. May be exposed to general warehouse conditions, in which some work may not be heated or air conditioned. The job requires constant interaction with the delivery drivers and internal staff and has limited interaction with the public. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Must have prior experience as a delivery driver or dispatcher.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess customer relation skills.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and take on constructive criticism when necessary.
Reports to: Dispatch Supervisor
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.