Mr. Event: The Great Outdoors!
Dear Atlas Event Rental Blog Readers,
So, I’m not going to lie . . . although I am a Floridian, sometimes the heat gets to me (the physical heat, not the Miami Heat). I mean I’ll walk outside in the middle of the summer and before I take 3 steps it’s like I’ve jumped in a swimming pool. It doesn’t matter if it’s in the middle of the day or the middle of the night. It’s just sooooo hot!
But we all know that there are 6 months of the most beautiful weather on the planet. Thankfully, those 6 months are coming up. That means that everyone is going to be dancing in the streets for the next half year and loving every minute of it. I can’t wait to hit some festivals in Del Ray, lunches in Boca Raton, or sip drinks on a beautiful Miami Beach.
I will gladly welcome back outdoor events and I can’t wait to participate in them. Over the years, I’ve seen some very ingenious things when having an outdoor event. Today, I’m going to list a couple of the best things I’ve seen from the coordinators of outdoor events on hot days and on beautiful days:
- One event taking place on the grass had special attachments women could put on the heels of their shoes so they didn’t sink into the ground.
- On the same note, one bride put large, theme-appropriate stones on the ground for her bridesmaids to stand on during the ceremony so they didn’t have problems with their heels.
- Best party favors: bug spray, sunglasses, hand fans, sunscreen or mini-umbrellas
- Each seat for a wedding ceremony had a bottle of water on it!
- One beach party host has a bucket of flip-flops for their guests.
- One couple suspended tables from the branches of trees instead of having legs. It was just really cool!
- Upside down cupcake wrappers with straws sticking out of them protected my drink from bugs at one BBQ I went to at a friend’s house. That’s pretty good thinking right there!
- One event planner had different stations set up around the venue that had a variety of sunscreens and bug sprays!
- Have you ever seen those HUGE blocks of ice? One event had those set up with blankets over them to act as the seats. (Tarps were under the blankets to keep people from getting wet).
- Little grip fans underneath the tables!
How about you? What are some of the coolest (physically or metaphysically) ideas that you’ve seen at an outdoor event?
Image Credits : Jemma Coleman Photography