Job Purpose: The Warehouse Helper is essential to the proper functioning of the warehouse. The Warehouse Helper will help customers and delivery personnel load and unload vehicles, help maintain inventory, perform shipping and receiving functions. The Warehouse Helper also will handle certain janitorial responsibilities, both inside and outside the premises.
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Assists various departments as scheduled.
- Keep all rental equipment neatly displayed.
- Communicate with supervisor.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Paint chiavari chairs
- Clean/paint wood folding chairs
- Put chairs, tables, dishes, glassware & flatware away
- Assist the counters
- Cushioning chairs
- Clean dance floors
- Clean Equipment.
- Adhere to company dress code as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from strength requirements and the stamina required. Must stand for long periods of time. Some work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess customer relation skills.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions furnished in written, oral and scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.