Job Purpose: The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for generating sales that are outside of the main and satellite Atlas offices. The OSR must be able to service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner whether in person or on the telephone. They will assist customers with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments. The OSR will also attend appropriate industry functions and networking events in an effort to generate more business. Must be able to process cash and credit card payments, as well as make change and credits.
Reports to: Director of Sales
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Rents equipment or arranges for provision of service to customer.
- Prepare rental forms and contract. Obtain customer signature and other required information.
- Maintain daily contract file.
- Compute charges based on rental or service rate.
- Explain rental fees and provides information about rented items, such as operation or description. Also explains damage waiver options.
- Collect deposit or payment or records credit charges by maintaining customer charge file daily and balancing daily sales receipts.
- Answer telephone and process phone orders.
- Recommend rental equipment to customers that best meets their need.
- Reserve equipment as requested and maintains rental reservation file.
- Update and call overdue list daily and alerts supervisor of overdue contracts.
- Make outgoing calls to new leads.
- Make cold calls to generate new leads.
- Maintain and update sales spreadsheet and submit to Director of Sales on weekly basis.
- Meet individual sales goals as set by the department.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Network with other industry professionals.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Performs other duties as requested.
The job requires constant travel and interaction with the public. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess sales and customer relation skills.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience.
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.