Job Purpose: To aid the Linen Supervisor in all tasks assigned.
Reports to: Linen Supervisor
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Complete knowledge of linen inventory.
- Must pass inventory knowledge test.
- Pick orders, wrap and package linens per company policy.
- Ship orders via UPS or other shipping company as directed.
- Upholds the quality control standards of the company.
- Inspect returned linen from laundry companies.
- Restock cleaned and packaged linens appropriately.
- Sort dirty linens per company policy.
- Complete daily laundry list.
- When laundry equipment breaks, notify supervisor.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Communicate with supervisor.
- Adhere to company dress code as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Must maintain a working knowledge of the Party Track software.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
There is a high degree of lifting and a significant degree of standing, walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. Must have a full range of motion and dexterity. Must accept and follow instructions from supervisors. Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. Exposure to above average temperatures is prevalent. The typical tools (hampers, dollies, racks, etc.) can be considered hazards.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.